Food and Body from food to culture. From culture to food
- 1999 - 425 pages - 1 Volumes
- Auteurs : Antonio Guerci (ed.)
- Edition : Erga edizioni
- Collection : Biblioteca di ethnomedicina
- Langues : Anglais, Français, Italien
- Mot-clés : Ethnomédecine, Nutrition
Hyppocrates was not the only one who thought that food is the very first medicine of human beings. On the contrary, this idea is the most basic evidence at the heart of medical theories developed by each culture in every time. Preventing and curing illness, healing or, on the other side, causing harm, poisoning oneself and dying are, before anything else, acts connected to food, to diet, to nutritional hygienic rules, to the symbolic structuring of the universe and of the clean or unclean surroundings.